While I've never really gone all out on Valentine's Day, I can see why some people love it so much. I think most people like any Holiday where chocolate and gifts are involved. I also love any excuse for some fresh flowers! Connor and I usually just have a cozy night in and cook something that we love to eat. However, he did surprise me with a beautiful scarf I'd been eyeing for a while now (here). I'll share a few things that we like to do to share our love with one another, and hopefully it inspires you to do something for someone you love! Outfit details are linked below!
FIVE LOVING GESTURES TO DO FOR SOMEONE YOU LOVE
1. Handwritten Notes - A classic, but I don't think anything is sweeter than receiving a note that expresses why you're meaningful to someone. I think it's even better when you're not expecting it!
2. Surprise Gifts - Material things are not everything, but I love surprising people with gifts. Being a good listener is key here because when they mention something they want, it's a great time to keep a little list in your phone. It could be as small as a flavor of La Croix or as big as a pair of shoes!
3. Unplug - I'm very guilty when it comes to unplugging from technology. Making a conscious effort to put away the phone for a night, and just being able to have quality conversation and being 100% present is important. Take a night off from the memes y'all.
4. Do something without being asked - Load unload dishwasher/Take out the garbage/Feed the pet/Make the bed/Vacuum/Fold their laundry/Do their dry-cleaning/ Now I'm very aware that all of these are things that you do together as a team, but if I have a day off or time to do these and Connor is able to come home to a clean house it is so appreciated. The same goes for him! I'm so happy when he surprises me with a clean condo!
5. Food - I think food is one of our love languages tbh. Cooking together is always a fun and easy way to spend time together. Of course, we also appreciate trying out new restaurants in the city. Being surprised with food is great too! Haha! Try to make sure your S/O schedule is open, but it's so fun to surprise them with lunch! It's great to have a break mid-work day and be able to see the person you love.
Valentine's Day Look